Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Insta-Purr-O-Maticat

It's so funny to observe the morning routine...my poor fiance gets up before I do some days, but the cats won't go in the living room until I get up. He complains, "Oh, here they come. Now they want attention."


At this very moment, Siren is staring at me and with no provocation is purring incessantly. Is this a Siamese thing? She has done this since we first brought her home. It's like her purr machine is on autopilot and won't turn off. I remember the first time I picked her up, she just started purring for no reason. It's as if she was happy merely to be given some attention.

Speaking of malfunctioning, she regularly prefers to make biscuits on blankets rather than people (like the other two). I'm getting stereo purring now (she's directly behind my head). She refuses to lay in our laps for more than a few seconds, which I'm going to say is because she's still young, but perhaps it's her breed.

Today's hidden word (look for bold letters) hint: It's a breed of cat (figures, huh?).

No comments: